Friday, September 19, 2008

Interview - Evan Weiss (Into It. Over It.)

1. Ok, you have friends in from out of town. What five places in Philly do you take them?
A: Golden Empress, Long In The Tooth, Rittenhouse Square, First Unitarian Church, North 3rd

2. Favorite venue in Philadelphia to play? Favorite to see a show?
A: Play: Circle Of Hope / See: First Unitarian Church

3. Favorite all-time show(s) you've seen in Philly?
A: When I was something like 15, I saw Death Cab For Cutie w/ Bright Eyes and Pedro The Lion at the 4040. Think about if that happened now. I really miss places like The Killtime. Every show I ever saw there was great.

4. Top current Philadelphia area bands?
A: Algernon Cadwallader, Paint It Black, Pissed Jeans

5. Top all-time Phiadelphia area bands?
A: Ink & Dagger, Dead Milkmen, Kid Dynamite

6. What records are you loving right now? (Not just Philly bands)
A: Too many, always.
7. Best food in Philly. Which is your top spot for each?
A: I'm just going to list my personal favorites...

Pizza? Lorenzo's
Burrito/Mexican? None. None of it's good.
Cheesesteak (vegan counts)? Jim's.
Chinese? Golden Empress
Other? The wings at North 3rd are the best I've ever had.
8. Closing up, what do you guys have planned for the near future? Shows/records/tours/etc?
A: Finishing 52 songs. Releasing all of them on CD/LP. Touring. Word is bond.

thanks man.


No comments: